Custom Cut Foam - Please Call 416-463-9880 for Assistance
How To Measure When Ordering New Foam Replacement Inserts
Things you will need:
- Pencil or Pen
- Measuring tape
- Paper to record sizes and to draw your cushion.
- Measure your cushion with cover on.
- Measure from SEAM to SEAM pulling the material and the tape tightly, to the nearest ½ inch.
- Round up not down. Thickness will be rounded up to the nearest whole size. i.e. 4.5 = 5, 1.5 = 2 and so on.
- Before you start measuring locate your cushion on the shapes below. This will help you identify how many measurements you will need.
- Label your drawing and transfer your measurements to the web page with your desired shape.
- A = Thickness of your cushion (measure the gusset seam to seam if it’s 4.5 round up to 5")
- B = Depth in a seat, Height in a back (measure the corners for accurate sizes, seam to seam)
- C = Width this is also known as your front measurement or side to side. (pull tightly, seam to seam round up to the to the nearest whole )
- i.e.4.5 =5 1.5=2 and so on.
- If you do not have a cover yet measure the existing space to the nearest 1/4 and add ½ inch to your measurement.
- At this point you can unzip your cover and compare foam thickness. Keep in mind that you can always stuff thicker and soft foam into a smaller space, but you can not stuff thicker and firm foam into the same space. So measure with the cover on, after all you want the foam to fit the cover.
- You can add a fibre wrap to your cushion without worrying about altering your sizes.
- Fibre will give you a nicer look protect the fabric round corners and give some crowning.
- Your cushion will look complete less wrinkling on the cover, also hide inconsistencies in sewing and stretching.
- If you need a replacement insert for an envelope-type* cushion cover, take the foam out the center and measure the FOAM. This is the only time you would order exact sizes.
- Remember measure twice cut once.
- IF YOU FEEL YOU NEED DIRECTION YOU CAN CALL US OR BRING IN YOUR CUSHION FOR US TO MEASURE AND CONFIRM SIZES.
Notes: *Envelope Cushion is a foam insert that is encased in down or feather.